Saturday, September 29, 2007

Blog Entry #1

My name is Kyle O’Brien and I am an aspiring Digital Arts major in Bowling Green State University. Art has always held a special place in me, in the way one can express their self, how you create your own world and manipulate it as you see fit, its enthralling. The captivity a white piece of paper hold is mind-blogging. It playing god in a sense, that I dictate what goes on in my own personal world.

My Influence stems from a pretty wide variety of artists and objects most notable: Comics, Video games, MC Escher, and Dali. Through all this things I have become a rather interesting individual and very interested in art.

I consider most forms of media art, Video Games, Movies, Books, Music. I consider these things art because there original. They’re a medium in which to express meaning, thought, or emotion.

The reason why I took a chance to learn art academically is because I’m not sure what I’m capable of… I did fail the portfolio for BGSU and am currently rounding up some more art for my second attempt. But you know what was interesting about me failing; I spent a solid week’s worth of work on that flash presentation and the professor flew through it, clicked, skipped the intro, complained that there was no sound, and tore my pieces of art apart that I presented… I still had fun. I had fun failing. I entertained myself by learning flash in a week and a half’s time, spent long nights online searching for help, and spending well over 500$ for both flash and a Wacom tablet… and I failed, with a smile on my face.

Currently the Smiths: Hatful of hollow, is in my CD player. Then on my MP3 player the most listen track is Madvillain: All Caps.

No comments: